Pre- and Post-Treatment for Laser Hair Removal
BEFORE THE TREATMENT
- Your treatment area must be shaved 24 hours prior to your appointment (if you don’t shave treated area we’ll take $20 for each area)
- Don’t apply makeup/lotion/deodorant on the day of your appointment
- Stay out of direct sunlight for at least 3 days prior to your appointment and 3 days after.
RECENTLY TANNED SKIN CANNOT BE TREATED! If treated within 2 weeks of active (natural sunlight or tanning booth) tanning, you may develop hypopigmentation (white spots) after treatment and this may not clear for 2-3 months or more
- Don’t use self-tanner or spray tan products for at least 1 weeks before your treatment to avoid potential injury.
- Avoid waxing/threading/tweezing in the area for at least 4 weeks.
- Redness and bumps are normal. Immediately after your treatment, redness & bumps at the treatment area are common; these may last up to 2 hours or longer. It is normal for the treated area to feel like a sunburn for a few hours. You should use a cold compress if the sensitivity continues. If there is any crusting, apply an antibiotic cream. Darker pigmented skin may have more discomfort than lighter skin & may persist longer.
- Cleanse the area treated gently. The treated area may be washed gently with a mild soap. Skin should be patted dry & not rubbed during the first 48 hours
- Don’t apply makeup/lotion/deodorant for 24 hours
- Use scrub for treated area. Anywhere from 5-30 days after the treatment, shedding of the hair may occur & this may appear as new hair growth. It is not new hair growth, but the dead hair pushing its way out of the follicle.
- Use Sun Protection SPF30+
- Don’t do waxing/threading/tweezing. Saving only!
- Schedule your next appointment within 4-6 weeks
What People Say
1001 Cypress Creek Road #205, Cedar Park, 78613 Texas
Mo-Fr: 10:00 AM – 08:00 PM
Sa: 10:00 AM – 05:00 PM
Su: day off